What are PILES (HEMORRHOIDS)?
Piles or haemorrhoids are swollen veins situated in the lower part of the rectum and anal canal. They happen as a result of increased pressure in the anal veins causing them to enlarge, itch, pain, and even bleed. About 4% of the universal human population is currently suffering from piles, and the incidence is more in middle-aged people.
What are the symptoms of PILES?
- The most commonly experienced symptom is heartburn or a feeling as something is burning in the centre of the chest. This can also be mistaken for a heart attack.
- Regurgitation of food or liquids in the mouth
- Nausea with or without vomiting
- Sensation as if something is stuck or knotted inside the chest
- Difficulty in swallowing because of the continuous assault of the throat lining with acid of the stomach
- Cough that typically comes on lying down at night
Why do PILES occur?
- Irregular bowel habits: Constipation is a leading cause of piles because hard, collected stool as well as the extra straining required can result in pressure on the anal veins and swelling. Chronic diarrhea too can cause piles.
- Increased intra-abdominal pressure: Conditions that increase the pressure within the abdomen can in turn cause increased rectal pressure and piles. Pregnancy, lifting heavy weights, obesity, chronic cough, etc. are some of the culprits.
- Anal intercourse: Anal intercourse can result in injury to the delicate inner lining of the rectum and anus, and exert pressure on the anal veins, giving way to piles.
- Faulty diet: If diet does not include sufficient water and fibre, constipation can result which in turn can cause piles.
- Sedentary occupation: People who sit for long hours at work experience piles more often than those who don’t because of increased pressure put on the veins of the lower torso.
How does Homeopathy help in PILES?
Instead of opting for surgery, Homeopathy is seen to be a much better alternative, especially in people who have recently begun suffering from piles. The medicines take care of not just the symptoms, but also help to prevent recurrence of the condition, even if the risk factor is present.
After all, if you are doing a sedentary job, it is not feasible for you to give it up only because you have piles! There is a solution, and that solution is Homeopathy.